The accomplishments which FOODCOIN got throughout the year
Over the past year, FOODCOIN made significant efforts on technical development. The team has grown with experienced developers , and thanks to their hard work, FOODCOIN Blockchain advanced 1.5 years ahead of the roadmap.
The Beta of FOOD token tracking system FOODSCAN was released
. FOODSCAN as an explorer of FOODCOIN ECOSYSTEM (FCE) blockchain allows to monitor current transactions and holders, as well as to see the token’s general information, number of blocks and FOODCOIN holders. It also allows to track the transaction of any particular account. There are also Beta-versions other major components of FOODCOIN Ecosystem like Product tracker PRORID, Blockchain Explorer FOODSCAN, e-passport system DIGID.
FOODCOIN website was redesigned
, becoming much more user friendly, while remaining convenient like before.
Source: FOODCOIN ECOSYSTEM achievements for the whole year
Source: FOODCOIN ECOSYSTEM website is updated
Source: FOODSCAN will become a unique explorer for FOOD
Another significant blockchain tool WALLOK was launched for testing last summer.
WALLOK is blockchain platform which includes a multifunctional advanced cryptowallet
. It was designed specifically tointeract with FOODCOIN Ecosystem. It is currently at Beta testing stage, and supports following features:
- Allows to add metadata to the blockchain and creating PRORIDs - recordings about products, their connections and shipping.
- Supports FOOD, as well as other ERC-20 tokens which can be added and removed.
- Sending transactions with comments (text, files).
- Checking transactions history.
- Android support.
- Multiple accounts, authorization through different services.
The essential part and the base of all the system is FOODCOIN ECOSYSTEM Blockchain
. The development started this spring, and it is now on Beta stage. Private networks support available on this stage allow to create test transactions using test tokens. Here are the features supported by FOODCOIN ECOSYSTEM Blockchain so far:
- Instant transaction system. The verified user can become a Guarantor and provide instant transaction through warranty fund.
- API engine for the payment system.
- PRORID contracts to include information about product origin submitted by the producers.
- User verification.
- Licensed mining.
- Direct marketing with end customers.
- Organizing and managing the document flow in blockchain.
Source: FOODSCAN Beta version
Source: WALLOK is now open for testing
Source: WALLOK - main components of FCE
Another important event which happened in 2018 and determined the development path, is The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR
), enacted by EU. It basically reshaped the work of technical companies that use personal data, and FOODCOIN is not an exception.
This act is intended to protect the data privacy, and it supposes adding the features to remove any personal user data from the database, as well as modify it or restrict access, if the user requires so. This information is stored as metadata, and may include name, contact details, and even photos.
To comply this act and ensure transparency and consistency, FOODCOIN implemented system of hashes – electronic signatures generated on metadata insertion and stored in blockchain. The metadata stored on a server instead of blockchain, and it can thus be modified.
Other noteworthy features of FOODCOIN network:
* Added PRORIDS and PRORID Lists
, account information and Rich Text formatting for the description field.
* QR-Code reading and generation. These codes provide quick access to the network to check the product information. Some producers who implemented FOODCOIN system are already using these features:
* Payments system is currently being developed with a technical client application to test the API.
Source: FOODSCAN page example
Source: Beta version
Source: Available for public testing
The development is not only about technical milestones, but also in building infrastructure. It means that FOOD must be usable and trackable on blockchain-related resources and tools.
First thing that should be noted is that FOODCOIN is listed
- the biggest information resource about cryptocurrencies and exchanges. FOOD profile page contains all the actual information about the token: trade volume, total supply, exchange listings.
FOODCOIN is integrated
with CoinPayments so that FOODCOIN can be used for payment on third-party services. CoinPayments
supports shopping cart providers such as Opencart, Magento, Ubercart, Drupal Commerce and others. Over 500,000 users of CoinPayments can access FOODCOIN tokens and both send and receive payments using the token.
FOODCOIN is listed on the following exchanges:
Source: Foodcoin got listed on CoinMarketCap
Source: Integration with CoinPayments
Source: FoodCoin Listed on Coinexchange
Of course, technical development will have no point without people who find it useful. Fortunately, people are noticing FOODCOIN, and use its features to improve their business.
The spring of 2018 began with partnerships established with large European brands, then it was followed by smaller, but not less important food producers.
The Turmeric Company. This UK-based company founded by Premier League footballer Thomas Hal Robson-Kanu
. The main purpose of this partnership is to implement FOODCOIN blockchain technology into its supply management system and use FOODCOINs as payment for its products.
Source: The Turmeric Co. now accepting FoodCoin
Source: Thomas Hal Robson-Kanu and Gregory Arzumanian
Source: Partners and Founders of The Turmeric Company
German company ALDIM GmbH
, a producer of canned food, will also adopt FOODCOIN ECOSYSTEM Blockchain to optimize its supply chain. As a partner of FOODCOIN ALDIM’s Founder and CEO Mr. Alexander Schneckenhaus seeks to bring the quality of the products to the most modern level and sees blockchain as a great opportunity seek trusted suppliers and get rid from paperwork. Their products, pickled cucumbers and sauerkraut can be found and tracked in FOODCOIN blockchain by scanning QR codes
on the jars and caps
Source: Aleksander Stechnenhaus and Gregory Arzumanian
Source: Owner and CEOof ALDIM GmbH Aleksander Stechnenhaus
Source: Hundreds of thousands of jars of German bioproduct
In April, Grassfed on the Hill, a buying club founded by Liz Reitzig
in Washington, DC area, started with making a big purchase on 1000ecofarms using FOODCOIN tokens. This club has been operating for over 5 years and has more than 300 members. The club started implementing FOODCOIN ECOSYSTEM Blockchain in their business to make their production process visible, transparent and convenient both for producers and customers. Now the information about their products is available in the system.
Source: Small-scale farmers join FOODCOIN blockchain
Source: Liz Reitzig about how food buying clubs work
Source: Grassfed on the Hill founded by Liz Reitzig
One of Swiss cheese manufacturers
with a truly German-sounding name Sennereigenossenschaft Obergedteln, owned by Mr. Hubi Jost in partnership with dairyman Dietmar Benedetti, are located in canton Wallis in Switzerland. They decided to use PRORIDs to track their product data.
The farmers are also starting to implement FOODCOIN in their business, and they are doing it through 1000ecofarms platform too. The first deal in FOODCOIN was made in February by Russian farmer Yuri Smirnov
. He also shared thoughts about cryptocurrencies and farming business.
Source: Dietmar and Gregory
Source: Dietmar Benedetti in the store
Source: Perfect swiss cheese
The farmers are joining the platform, and they can be found on our partner’s platform 1000ecofarms using FOODCOIN as a payment method. Besides of being convenient, it is also benefitable, because there is a referral program
launched in April to bring new farmers to the platform.
Source: Sennereigenossenschaft Obergesteln cooperative
Source: Yuri Smirnov: First purchase with FOODCOIN
Source: Referral Program to Attract Farmers to Blockchain
People like to talk about things which they find interesting and useful, and FOODCOIN has not been left untouched. Over the past year, FOODCOIN appeared in different media resources.
The biggest and the most important media coverage was the collaboration with Innovations TV
by Ed Begley Jr, a US actor, director and environmentalist. It was a great thorough work, which included interviews with CEO of FOODCOIN Ecosystem Gregory Arzumanian, co-founder of 1000ecofarms.com Mark Meytin, and Liz Reitzig, owner of the Grassfed of the Hill Food Buying Club, and the owner of The Turmeric Co. Thomas ‘Hal’ Robson-Kanu. These interviews were a part of TV spot launched in the 3rd quarter of 2018 through international TV networks, such as FOX Business, Travel Channel, Voice of America, RFD TV, Discovery Channel, and CNN. Total audience of these networks comprises nearly 447,000,000 subscribers.
Source: FCE Collaborates with Innovations TV
Source: A promo for Swiss Airlines is done
Source: Interview with Gregory Arzumanian
A brief interview
was also recorded between FOODCOIN co-founder Sergey Grigoryan, and the CEO Gregory Arzumanian. They highlighted most important questions, which concerned FOODCOIN community so far.
FOODCOIN was also discussed on several web resources about blockchain.
- Swiss crypto and blockchain resource Bitcoinnews highlighted recent partnerships of FOODCOIN with large food producers.
- Another German cryptocurrency resource Coincierge.de highlighted partnerships with ALDIM GmbH and The Turmeric Company, it also highlights the collaboration with Innovations TV series led by Ed Begley, Jr.
- Fintechnews, a Swiss e-commerce resource published an article about FOODCOIN as well.
- Booster Magazine, an incredibly creative resource with Augmented Reality functionality, created for Swiss investors, published the text about FOODCOIN, its technologies and features.
Source: Thomas Hal Robson Kanu
Source: Interview with Mark Meytin
Source: Interview with Liz Reitzig
And finally, FOODCOIN Ecosystem also reached agreements to advertise FOODCOIN in the flights of Singapore Airlines
and Swiss Airlines
. About 3 million passengers who fly both domestic flights, and to Japan, China, Australia, Europe, the US, as well as in other directions, will know about FOODCOIN.
Source: Booster Magazine about FOODCOIN ECOSYSTEM
Source: FOODCOIN in the flights of Singapore Airlines
Source: The promotion campaign with Swiss Airlines
To make people talk about the project, technical development is not enough. It is necessary to bring the ideas of the project to people. And the best way to do it is through conferences and field events.
At May 7, FOODCOIN Team participated in The Global Food Innovation Summit, also known as Seeds&Chips
, which took place in Milano, Italy. The main subject of this Summit are the innovations in food technology. Innovative companies of the world were represented there. The CEO of FOODCOIN Ecosystem, Gregory Arzumanian, held preliminary negotiations on cooperation with several European companies.
Source: FOODCOIN Team at the Global Food Innovation Summit
Source: Collaboration with several European companies
Source: Innovative companies of the world were represented
Besides Europe, FOODCOIN is also expanding around Asia. Our new team members took part in 7th China Forex Expo of 2018, which took place in Great China International Exchange Square
They did a huge work on this 2-day event, met many interesting people and found very promising contacts.
Source: At China Forex Expo 2018 Conference
Source: Team found very promising contacts
Source: Giulia Bottaro and Veronica Tasciotti
The founder of FOODCOIN Ecosystem Gregory Arzumanian visited ICO Race
event, which took place in June, 7 in Lugano, Switzerland. The most interesting part of the event was a competition part with the Highest Prize Ever: 1 Million Dollars + Listing on one of the TOP 3 Exchanges in the world. During this event, the project obtained promising contacts and new partnerships among influential cryptoexperts.
Source: FoodCoin Team Visits ICO Race
Source: We obtained promising contacts
Source: ICO Race in Lugano, Switzerland
In June 12, FOODCOIN Team also visited Food Supply Chain Conference
in London with such great guests as McDonald’s, Nando’s, Nestlé, Pernod Ricard, Westons Cider & Many More. The main topics were modernization of food supply chains and new technologies related to reducing costs were subjects of discussion.
Source: On Food Supply Chain Conference
Source: Eatable FoodCoin logo is ready
Source: A new equipment was presented
In August, 22, FOODCOIN Team took part on 2nd Digital Meet and Greet Event
which took place in Zurich, Switzerland. The founder of the project, Gregory Arzumanian, was a key speaker on the event. He presented to to more than 150 Credit Suisse Asset Management team the main features of FOODCOIN and its partners. The presentation made a good impression. FOODCOIN appeared as tangible, really useful project with ready-made products.
Source: FOODCOIN On 2nd Digital Meet and Greet Event
Source: The conference took place in Zurich, Switzerland
Source: The presentation made a good impression
CEO and founder of FOODCOIN Ecosystem, took part as a keynote speaker at GoodFood Eco-Marketing Conference
in Sсhloss Kirchberg, a gorgeous castle in Germany. The aim of participation in this conference is presenting FOODCOIN project and the problems it can solve, establishing new contacts with bio-food producers, associations, representants of German universities and startups. The most important guests of this conference were the Federal Chairperson of German Green Party Annalena Baerbock, Jan Plagge, the President of Bioland and IFOAM EU, who made an important speech about the future of eco-marketing in Germany.
To bring the ideas even closer to people and make them understand how they work, FOODCOIN Team started developing manuals and showcase materials for the members and potential adopters.
The first presentation is about the concept of FOODCOIN ECOSYSTEM and the features of its blockchain. It presents FOODCOIN blockchain as a basis for other tools of the ecosystem, featuring its concept, how double protections principle, and the systems of Verifiers and Guarantors.
The team is also preparing showcase material to members who request it. Moreover, people who refer us large businesses can receive additional bonuses if they contribute in making partnership contracts.
Source: Gregory Arzumanian presenting FOODCOIN
Source: Rudolf Buehler and Gregory Arzumanian
Source: Nina Sohl and Gregory Arzumanian on GoodFood
All the above mentioned would not happen without our Team. All thanks to:
- Gregory Arzumanian. Co-founder of 1000EcoFarms. Gregory is engaged in project management, organizes the internal work of the group and establishes external relations and partnerships.
- Sergey Grigoryan. Sergey is has been supporting the project from the very beginning, both financially and as an advisor.
- Mark Meytin. Co-founder of 1000EcoFarms. Mark has more than 25 years of professional experience in Information Technology and Business Consulting, with a particular focus on web-based, eCommerce and enterprise projects.
- Andrei Uspensky, CEO of Arnest Group and member of FOODCOIN Advisory Board. He is a successful businessman who led largest companies of Russia throughout several years.
- Konstantin Maratayev. Technology expert and architect. Konstantin focuses on integration of a variety of traditional and crypto payment systems.
- Anna Maslova. Experienced journalist, writer, newsmaker and technical translator. Passionate with text, linguistics and foreign languages.
- Said Syakin. Architect and CTO working in the information technology, services and security industry.
- Sergey Boykov. Software developer specializing in front-end and back-end web applications and services.
- Dmitriy Tsvetkov. Specialist in administration of dedicated and virtual servers powered by the different Linux operating systems.
- Yaroslav Ananyev. System administrator, works in tandem with Dmitry Tsvetkov.
Source: Andrei Uspensky
Source: Sergey Boykov and Dmitriy Tsvetkov
Source: Andrii Muzhytskyi and Said Syakin
- Pavel Pavlovsky. Java Developer, works on FoodScan and FoodCoin Blockchain, developing their server and API part.
- Anna Firsova. Software developer. As a member of the Tech Team, Anna tests schedules, user management, and forum.
- Alexey Knyazev. Broadly experienced IT specialist, working in particular on development of financial software based on FIX protocol.
- Pavel Scherer. Producer, analyst, product designer of mobile and web services.
- Maxim Vishnevsky. Develops interfaces and logic for automation in the printing industry, expert in UI/UX, printing.
- Vasiliy Tikhonov. Engaged in the development of systems for automatic data collection, analysis and systematization, web projects and many more.
- Kalinin Valeriy. Develops systems for automatic data collection, analysis and systematization, automatic image recognition systems, e-commerce and exchange services.
- Andrii Muzhytskyi, designer specializing in web portals and mobile applications, UI/UX. Also he took part in the development of applications for OS Windows, Mac, IOS, Android.
* And of course, special thanks to our community. Thanks to your support, we only move forward.